Port Vila City Market House
The Port Vila City Market house is in the Center of our Beautiful Port Vila City. With over 700 Vendors registered each year to sell their produce. It is a Small Unit under the Operation division within the Port Vila City Council, with a total of 8 staff all together.
WHAT WE DO?
Our vision is to provide service to our Vendors, and making sure that that products being sold at the Market are of good quality and good quantity.
TYPE OF SERVICES WE PROVIDE TO MARKET VENDORS.
If a vendor paid a permit to the Market, there are some benefits or services we provide. These Services includes:
- Free Use of Toilet & Bathroom for the whole year
- Provide space for Vendors to sell their Produce.
- Provide Security for a safe environment for both vendor and customer.
- Making sure the market is clean at all times.
DIFFERENT TYPE OF PERMIT AT THE MARKET
There are 5 different types of permits issued each year to Vendors.
These Permits are:
- Greens – To sell Vegies and root crops.
- Slow Food – Selling cooked food (Lap lap, Tuluk etc.)
- Flower - Sales of pot plants and bouquet flowers
- Local Restaurant
- Shopping Bag
WHY DO WE HAVE A PERMIT AT THE MARKET
Marketing is regarded as a business these days. To sell or operate
DURATION FOR HAVING A PERMIT
The duration of having a permit is 1 year.
WHERE CAN I GET A PERMIT
From January to March each year, permits payment are open. Forms can be collected at the Market Management Office. Filled Up and paid at the Market Cashier.
WHY DO WE NEED TO SEPARATE MARKET WASTE
The Main purpose for separating waste at the market
LOCATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
The Market Management Office is located at the Central Market in Port Vila.