Process of Valuing and Determining Property Tax
- On completion of buildings in Port Vila, the Town Planning and Evaluation Unit officers re-measure the buildings to determine the tax payable as Property Tax to the Council.
- Factors such as Location, Quality of building and Materials used in the building determines the value of the property hence the Property Tax is calculated as 5.5% of the rateable value of the property.
Contact Calculation services
Office Tel: (678) 22113
- If you have demolished your building and or if extension is made.
- If you think there is a mistake in the value you are paying as property tax to the Council
Billing & Distribution of Notices
- The calculation upon completion by the Valuation Officer is sent to the Treasury Unit to finalize calculations and prepare the bills for distribution.
- The property Tax Bills get sent out to property owners twice a year that is on a 6 monthly basis.
- The first half (semester 1)of the bills were distributed by end of December of every year and MUST be paid by 15th of March of the following year.
- Surcharges of 5% will be added if payments are made after 15th of March.
- The second half (semester 2) is distributed at the end of June and payments MUST be made by 15th September of the same year.
- Again 5% surcharge is added if payment was made after that date.
Contact Billing Officers
Office Tel: (678) 24398
- If you wish to make Payment for your Property Tax Bill or if you wish to make arrangements for your payments.
- If you wish to make a change in the name of the recipient of your property tax bill